Monday December 12, 2022- We will be without Internet and phone service temporarily this afternoon. If you need to contact us please call 401-237-0260 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
260 Waseca Ave. Barrington, RI 02806
Office: 401-245-4040 email@example.com
Fax: 401-245-1240 www.bbhsri.com
After Hours: 401-237-0260
Since 1994 Peter M. Oppenheimer, Ph.D. has led a group practice dedicated to providing quality behavioral health services in the East Bay of Rhode Island. Dr. Oppenheimer and his associates serve children, adolescents, adults and families using their training and experience to meet the unique needs of their clients.
Dr. Oppenheimer and his independent associates have a wide range of experiences and skills, clinical orientations and approaches to working with children, adults, and families.
Our associates have experience working in schools, community mental health centers, medical practices, colleges, and hospitals in addition to their work in our practice. Our staff members are:
Peter M. Oppenheimer, Ph.D.
John T. Jones, Ph.D.
Alan Poey, Psy.D.
Susan Cheshire, LICSW
Ann Allain, LMHC
Jill Wolff, LICSW
We serve people of all ages, from early childhood to adulthood. We welcome your inquiry to discuss whether we can meet your specific needs.
Barrington Behavioral Health Services welcomes new patients at this time. We recognize that making a decision to begin evaluation or treatment can be a difficult one, and we want to help you to make arrangements as easily as possible. We try to schedule first appointments within a week in most cases.
To make an appointment, please contact our office manager, Linda at 401-237-0260 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will assist you in making the arrangements for your initial appointment. If she is not available when you contact the office, please leave a confidential voicemail on Extension 10.
Dr. Peter Oppenheimer is also available to speak with you and answer your questions.
We accept some insurance plans as participating providers. Patients with other insurance plans are welcome, and we will assist you in seeking reimbursement for your out-of-pocket expenses. Payment and/or co-payments are due at the time of service. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Please call if you would like information about our rates.
For information about our services during the Covid-19 Pandemic please see our original web page: www.fopsych.com.
If you have previous evaluations or other materials that would be helpful for your psychologist, please bring these with you to your first appointment.
Directions to our office:
Coming from Southeastern Massachusetts
• Take Route 195 westbound.
• Take Massachusetts Exit 1, Seekonk, Route 114A
• At end of ramp turn left onto Route 114A.
• Follow 114A across Route 6 initially turning left onto Route 6, then immediately turning right on 114A before Not Your Average Joe's.
• Follow 114A until it intersects Route 114. Turn left onto 114 southbound. Follow the highway. Eventually the road narrows to two lanes. Then follow the FINAL APPROACH below.
Coming from the Taunton Area
• Take Route 44 westbound.
• In Seekonk after passing the Seekonk Police Station and the YMCA on the right, turn left on to Arcade Ave.
• Follow Arcade Ave. until it merges with Fall River Ave., Route 114A. Proceed southbound on 114A.
• Follow 114A across Route 6 initially bearing left onto Route 6, then immediately turning right on 114A before Bugaboo Creek.
• Follow 114A until it intersects Route 114. Turn left onto 114 southbound. Follow the highway until the road narrows to two lanes. Then follow the FINAL APPROACH below.
Coming from the Attleboro Area and points north
• Take Route 95 southbound to the intersection of Route 195.
• Take Route 195 eastbound.
• Follow directions from the Providence Area.
Coming from Providence
• Take Route I 195 eastbound.
• Take Exit 7, The Wampanoag Trail, Route 114.
• Follow the highway until the road narrows to two lanes. Then follow the FINAL APPROACH below.
Coming from the south (Warren and Bristol)
• Take Route 114 northbound into Barrington (County Road). After crossing the East Bay Bikepath, turn left onto Waseca Ave. (the Shell Oil gas station is on the corner). The office is 1/4 mile on left.
• Proceeding south on The Wampanoag Trail (Route 114) the road narrows to a two lane road and then it comes to a stop light. Proceed through the light (the road is now called County Road) and over a hill until a second stop light at Maple Ave. where Barrington Town Hall is on your left. Go through the stop light.
• Turn right at the first right turn after this second stop light onto Waseca Ave., just before the Shell Oil gas station. Proceed about 1/4 mile on Waseca Ave. The office is on the left and our entrance is on the right side of the building.